Experience College life at one of America's Top 10 Universities!
The Johns Hopkins Summer Term Program offers qualified students the opportunity to take freshman- and sophomore-level credit classes in arts and sciences and engineering. The program lasts 5 weeks and residential students must be full-time students and enroll in two classes, for up to seven credits. Commuter students may register part-time (one class) or take the full two-course load. With over 100 courses being offered this summer, your schedule is about choice. Select courses in your desired college major or diversify your interests by selecting a new language or humanities class. Regardless of your choice of courses, Hopkins’ Summer Term Program connects you with great minds. You have the opportunity to engage in discussions and study with academically talented students and Hopkins’ own distinguished faculty.
AREAS OF STUDY
Courses are offered in the following Hopkins departments, centers, or topic areas. Schedule (Course times vary, but they are offered mornings, afternoons, and evenings). For available courses, see course listing at the bottom of this page.
|Areas of Study|
|Africana Studies||Entrepreneurship and Management|
|American Studies||Film and Media Studies|
|Anthropology||German and Romance Languages and Literatures|
|Applied Mathematics and Statistics||History|
|Art||History of Science and Technology|
|Biology||Medicine, Science, and Humanities|
|Biomedical Engineering||International Studies|
|Biophysics||Latin American Studies|
|Computer Science||Writing Seminars|
|Earth and Planetary Sciences||Mathematics|
|East Asian Studies||Near Eastern Studies|
|Philosophy||Physics and Astronomy|
|Political Science||Public Health Studies|
|Psychological and Brain Sciences||And more! (Online and On campus)|
|Summer University Costs||Residential (only available for Summer U Term II)||Commuter||Credits|
|Pre-College Summer University (Age<18)||$10,070||$5,620||6|
|Pre-College Summer University (Age<18)||$10,990||$6,540||7|
Length: 5 weeks (2 terms)
Tuition: $5620 to $10990
Residency: Homewood Campus (Residential or Commuter)
- Must be at least 16 years old by June 30, 2019
- Have achieved at least a 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT, or ACT).
- High School (Transcript), including Fall 2018 grades *Must be on official school letterhead and signed. We reserve the right at anytime to request your official transcript.
- Two completed recommendations: one from a Teacher; one from a Principal or Guidance Counselor. Once inside the application, you will use the recommendation manager to send requests.
- A submitted online application, with payment of the nonrefundable application fee of $75.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable tuition deposit of: $500 for commuting students, $1,250 for residential students.