Discover Hopkins! Discover something you'll love.
Summer Intensive programs (formerly Discover Hopkins) expose you to topics from different perspectives. For instance, observe top researchers and listen to experts at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, as you survey the latest in environmental health.
A typical day includes instructor-led morning lectures, supplemented by afternoon field trips and guest speakers—faculty, alumni, and other leading researchers or practitioners—will enhance your learning of the topic.
Summer Intensive includes weekend excursions to nearby attractions such as Baltimore Inner Harbor, Hershey Park, and Washington DC.
Summer Intensive is open to both residential and commuter students. Students register for one course (1 credit) per session and may enroll in up to 3 sessions (6 weeks) for up to 3 credits. Students choose the session or sessions that best fits their schedule.
College credits earned: 1 credit per session
|Session||Academic Program Dates||Residential Program Dates|
|Session 1||June 22 - July 3, 2020||June 21 - July 4, 2020|
|Session 2||July 6 - July 17, 2020||July 5 - July 18, 2020|
|Session 3||July 20 - July 31, 2020||July 19 - August 1, 2020|
|Summer Intensive Courses||$5,300||$3,820||1|
|Summer Intensive: Medical School Intensive ||$5,830||$4,350||1|
|Summer Intensive: Anatomy, Physiology and Disease||$5,830||$4,350||1|
|Summer Intensive: Introduction to Surgery ||$5,830||$4,350||1|
|Summer Intensive: Introduction to Orthopedics ||$5,830||$4,350||1|
Length: 2 weeks (3 sessions)
Tuition: $3820 to $5830
Residency: Homewood Campus
- The Summer IntensiveProgram is for pre-college (high school) students.
- Must be 15 years old by June 22, 2020.
- High school transcript, including Fall 2019 grades.
- One letter of recommendation, from a teacher or guidance counselor.
- International students need English proficiency test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, or DET).
- A submitted application, with payment of the non-refundable application fee of $85.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable tuition deposit of: $1,000 for commuting students, $1,500 for residential students.