Accelerate your entry into college life!
Summer Intensive (formerly Discover Hopkins) are programs designed to expose you to topics from different perspectives. For instance, observe top researchers and listen to experts at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, as you survey the latest in environmental health.
A typical day includes instructor-led morning lectures, supplemented by afternoon field trips and guest speakers—faculty, alumni, and other leading researchers or practitioners—will enhance your learning of the topic.
Summer Intensive includes weekend excursions to nearby attractions such as Baltimore Inner Harbor, Hershey Park, and Washington DC.
Summer Intensive is open to both residential and commuter students. Students register for one course (1 credit) per session and may enroll in up to 3 sessions (6 weeks) for up to 3 credits. Students choose the session or sessions that best fits their schedule.
College Credits Earned: 1 credit per session
Length: 2 weeks (3 sessions)
Residency: Homewood Campus
- Must be 15-17 by June 22, 2020
- High School Transcript, including Fall 2019 grades
- One Letter of Recommendation
- A submitted online application, with payment of the nonrefundable application fee of $85.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable tuition deposit of: $1000 for commuting students, up to $1500 for residential students.
- International students need English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, iELTS, or DET)