Johns Hopkins offers two EducationUSA Academy options:
JHU EducationUSA Academy (2 weeks, 1 credit)
The JHU EducationUSA Academy provides international high school students a world-class academic and cultural immersion experience. The academy is designed to introduce students to all aspects of academic life (academics, on-campus living. You will improve their academic English, get guidance on the university admission process—applications, essays, SAT/ACT prep, scholarship opportunities–, tour area colleges and universities, and engage in cultural, community and sports activities.
2-Week EducationUSA Academy Courses
Additionally, interested students can take advantage of Hopkins’s expertise by taking a course on a medical topic!
The Hopkins EducationUSA Academy offers 1 credit for the (2-week option) and 2 credits for the (4-week option).
JHU EducationUSA Academy and Medical Course (4 weeks, 2 credits)
First two weeks follow the Academy program, and the last two weeks students will take a Johns Hopkins course in a medical topic, with additional workshops on test prep, personal statements, and excursion options. Students must have a high command of English to be enrolled in this option.
- Advance/Advanced Plus Academic English Language Courses (4- week non-native speakers)
- College Writing Workshop (For 2-week students, native speakers, or near-native speakers)
- History and Practices of U.S. Higher Education
- American Culture
- Medical Course (option of Health Industry Careers or Perspectives in Medicine)
EducationUSA Alumni Spotlight
Gregory Z., JHU EducationUSA Summer ’17, was accepted to Boston University.
Mazen K., JHU EducationUSA Summer ’18, was accepted into Johns Hopkins University.
Length: (2 week) or (4 week)
Tuition: $4138 to $7698
Residency: Homewood Campus
- International Student Only (Native English and Non-Native English Speakers)
- A submitted online application, waiver available for application fee
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable tuition deposit of $1,250
- High School Transcript, including Fall 2018 grades
- One Letter of Recommendation
- English Proficiency Test scores (TOEFL, iELTS, or DET) for Non-Native Speakers