Accelerate your entry into college life!
Discover Hopkins Programs are intensive programs designed to expose you to topics from different perspectives. For instance, observe top researchers and listen to experts at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, as you survey the latest in environmental health.
A typical day includes instructor-led morning lectures, supplemented by afternoon field trips and guest speakers—faculty, alumni, and other leading researchers or practitioners—will enhance your learning of the topic.
Discover Hopkins program includes weekend excursions to nearby attractions such as Baltimore Inner Harbor, Hershey Park, and Washington DC.
The Discover Hopkins Programs are open to both residential and students. Students register for one course (1cr) per session, and may enroll in up to 3 sessions (6 weeks) for up to 3 credits. Students choose the session or sessions that best fits their schedule.
College Credits Earned: 1 credit per session
Discover Hopkins Program Schedule
Monday – Friday
9:30 AM – 12 Noon (Morning Lectures and Activities)
12-2 PM (Lunch and Break)
2- 4:00 PM (Afternoon Lectures, Guest Speakers, Site Visits)
|Discover Hopkins Courses||$4,800||$3,000||1|
|Discover Hopkins Medical School Intensive||$5,500||$4,000||1|
|Discover Hopkins Physiology and Disease||$5,500||$4,000||1|
|Discover Hopkins Introduction to Surgery||$5,500||$4,000||1|
Length: 2 weeks (3 terms)
Tuition: $3000 to $5500
Residency: Homewood Campus
- Must be 15-17
- High School Transcript, including Fall 2018 grades
- One Letter of Recommendation
- A submitted online application, with payment of the nonrefundable application fee of $85.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable tuition deposit of: $500 for commuting students, up to $1250 for residential students.
- International students need English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, iELTS, or DET)