The online pre-college programs are rigorous, active-learning experiences, with coursework designed to inspire curiosity and discovery. If you would like to join students who are enthusiastic, creative, and accomplished from around the world – your next step is to apply online.
Application and Enrollment
To participate in a Summer at Hopkins Pre-College Program, you must be accepted and complete the enrollment process.
Visit the Apply page of this website for additional information.
All students who have been admitted will be notified through the application portal. Students are encouraged to then accept their offer of admission, submit any remaining enrollment documents, and pay their tuition at least one week prior to their program’s start date, however, extenuating circumstances will be considered. Applicants outside of the United States should apply early to ensure sufficient time to ship lab kits to students who are accepted in courses that have a lab component.
- Application fee of $85
- Official Academic Transcript (with Fall 2019 grades)*. Official transcripts must be signed or stamped and sent to us directly by your school (via email or post).
- 3.0 Grade Point Average (4.0 scale)
- One (1) Letter of Recommendation (from a teacher, principal, or guidance counselor)
- Enrollment Forms
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores (International applicants only)**
- Minimum Age Requirements: Must be 15 years old by the first day of the class/program, and completed one year of high school.
*An official transcript is required for full admission to a summer course or program at The Johns Hopkins University. All physical copies of transcripts can be mailed to:
Johns Hopkins University
Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
Summer at Hopkins
1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 104
Washington, DC 20036-2005
**A high level of proficiency in English is expected of applicants for summer programs and courses at The Johns Hopkins University. Applicants should typically receive a minimum of 100 total for the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) with preferred sub-scores of 26 (Reading), 26 (Listening), 22 (Writing), and 25 (Speaking). A score of 7.0 or higher on each band is expected on IELTS, and a score of 120 or higher is expected for the Duolingo English Test (DET). International applicants who have attended an English-speaking school (high school or college) for a minimum of two years are waived from the proficiency requirement.
Online Pre-College Program Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Policies differ depending on the program to which you have been enrolled. To determine your refund, please see the Refund and Cancellations Policy page.
- Refunds will not be granted to students who have been suspended or dismissed for disciplinary reasons. The Summer at Hopkins program reserves the right to dismiss a student whose academic standing or general conduct is considered unsatisfactory.
Lab refunds will not be issued after a lab kit has been shipped.