Housing Information for Summer Program Students
Summer Program Applicants
Pre-College and Visiting Undergraduate Students enrolled in a residential summer program will indicate the need for their housing on their application to our residential programs.
For resources see Off-Campus Housing.
All JHU Undergraduates students seeking on-campus housing during the summer should contact Scheduling and Event Services.
Visiting Researchers and Interns
Visiting Researchers and Interns should contact Scheduling and Event Services.
McCoy Hall (Pre-College)
Location: 3339 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218
Accommodations: Suites comprised of two or three bedrooms (each bedroom has single or double occupancy), that share a bathroom and kitchenette; air-conditioned building.
A security officer is on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week in the main lobby.
- A laundry facility
- A lounge on each floor provides space for social activities and study breaks
- Residents in each wing share a common lounge equipped with comfortable chairs, couches, and a color TV with VCR/DVD
- 24/7 security personnel in the lobby entrance
Virtual Room Rendering
Charles Commons (18+)
Location: 3301 N. Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21218
Accommodations: Two and four-person suites, all single rooms; air-conditioned building
Every resident has their own private room and shares a kitchenette with their suite-mates. All four-person and most two-person suites also include a furnished living room. Within two-person suites, residents share one bathroom and within four-person suites, residents share two bathrooms in the unit. Each two-person suite is equipped with a small kitchenette which has a compact refrigerator, sink, and two stovetop burners. Four-person suites have the same amenities with the bonus of a full-sized rather than a compact refrigerator.
Residents in each wing share a common lounge equipped with comfortable chairs, couches, and a color TV with cable. A security officer is on duty 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on the third-floor bridge between the two buildings. All residents must pass through security turnstiles in order to access the residential floors of the buildings.
- A fitness room
- Laundry facilities
- A computer cluster with computers and printers
- Barnes and Noble Booksellers – University Bookstore featuring Starbucks Coffee café
- Charles Commons mailroom
- A community kitchen
- Group study lounge and private study rooms
Virtual Room Rendering
- Room 505 Four Person Suite Undecorated Aerial View
- Room 909 Two Person Suite Undecorated Aerial View