Hop Online pre-college programs are delivered through Hopkins Blackboard, the university’s learning management system. Within Blackboard course sites, you will participate in discussions, check their assignments, and access materials. Zoom may be used as well. Zoom is a web conferencing system for possible office hours and live sessions.
Accessing Administrative & Academic Systems
Students will be active in Hopkins administrative and academic systems, but you need to create a logon and password to gain access. These are the steps you should follow:
The university will send you an email with two vital student IDs:
- Your JHU Student ID # (Hopkins ID)
- Your JHU Enterprise Directory ID (commonly called “JHED ID”)
- For persons without a social security number, a temporary ID is assigned to you and sent to the email listed in your application. If you need help recovering your temporary ID, please reach out to the Johns Hopkins University Registrar’s Office at email@example.com to confirm the email address on file and receive the temporary number assigned to you.
Your JHED ID is the username that you use when you log in to SIS. Many resources at Johns Hopkins University now use JHED IDs to authenticate users and allow access to certain systems.
You will use your JHED ID to access your e-mail, check your class schedule, access a grade report, and view and make payments on your bill.
Accessing Online Programs & Courses
Once a student is enrolled, students will have access to campus computer access functions with their “JHED ID”. Please visit http://my.jhu.edu and click on “First-time JHED user” in the login box. You should have received an email from the Registrar’s Office with the subject line: “Johns Hopkins Government ID”. This email contains information necessary to start your JHED access. If you have not received the confirmation email, please check your Spam or Junk folders.
Tips for Viewing your course on Blackboard
- Go to blackboard.jhu.edu
- Click the JHU Enterprise Authentication link
- Enter your JHED ID and PW
- Click on Johns Hopkins University Summer Programs on the left side of the menu under your organizations
- Click Course Materials on the left side of the menu
- Click “Johns Hopkins University Student Orientation”
- Be sure to complete the required assessment “Test your Knowledge”
Browsers: It is probably best to use Firefox version 3 or above when using Blackboard 9. Older browsers do not work with this version of Blackboard. If you encounter a problem, consider trying another browser to see if that fixes anything. Click here for more information about browsers.
The video conference platform at Johns Hopkins University is Zoom. Using your login credentials (JHED and password), visit jhubluejays.zoom.us.