Meal service will begin with dinner on the day of check in and will end after breakfast on the day you are checking out.
Fresh Food Café: A friendly, comfortable, all-you-care-to-eat where you can watch the preparation of made-to-order meals from the grill, deli, or salad bar or venture to one of the many multi-stations serving international and home-style entrees. Fresh Food Cafe is located on campus adjacent to the AMR II dorm. You will be escorted to the dining hall for the first few days.
Refill your J-Card
The J Card is used on campus and in some local stores in lieu of cash.
- Online: Visit the J-Card online portal to refill your card, view a history of account transactions, and download monthly statements.
- In-Person: Deposits can be made via credit card at several J-Card refill stations around campus.
- Over the Phone: Call the J-Card Office at 410-516-5121 to provide your confidential credit card information over the phone.
For more information about J-Cards please click here.
J-Cash and Dining Dollars
If you are a Charles Commons resident (18+ years old), as part of your program costs, you will receive:
- Mini-Term Residential $150.00 of J-Cash
- Summer University Residential $300.00 of Dining Dollars
Food Allergy and Special Diet
JHU dining programs work with many students who have special dietary needs. If you have any concerns or particular dietary needs, contact the Dining Programs Coordinator.